- Why we collect personal information
- What personal information we collect and when it is collected
- How your information is used and protected
- When and with whom your information is shared
- What to do if you feel your personal information has been compromised
1. Information Collected:
While we limit the information we collect, we do collect Personal Information when you:
- Place an order from our catalogs or on our Website
- Create an account on our Website
- Return an item, make an exchange or submit a rebate
- Inquire about our products or services or contact customer service
- Request a catalog
- Receive a gift package
- Sign up for Komagal.com email updates or other promotional materials
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect Personal Information including:
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Transaction information
In order to provide you with a better shopping experience and to improve the quality of our services, we may combine the information you submit under your account with other information that we may receive from you, from third parties, or with other public demographic information. We maintain this information, along with a record of your purchases, in a restricted database.
2. Information Usage:
At Komagal, we always want to provide you with the easiest and best possible shopping experience from the time you begin looking for products and services through the delivery of your requested items.
The information that we collect lets us meet this goal by allowing us to:
- Customize your shopping experience
- Confirm, process and track your orders
- Provide the products and services you request
- Contact you with questions or status updates regarding an order
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Communicate great values and featured items to you
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send you Komagal.com email updates
- Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- Prevent or mitigate fraud and credit risk
- Administer billing and payment for your purchases
- Administer promotions, contests, sweepstakes and rewards programs
- Comply with applicable law, legal procedures, requirements, regulations and statutes
- We strongly encourage you to read the privacy policies applies only to the Komagal Website, Komagal services, and Komagal handling of Personal Information
3. Information Security:
Komagal maintains reasonable and appropriate standards to safeguard your Personal Information.
4. Policy Enforcement:
If we receive a written complaint, it is Komagal's policy to contact the complaining customer regarding his or her concerns. We will investigate complaints promptly and diligently to address your concerns and resolve any dispute quickly.
5. Policy towards Third Party:
The Site may contain links to third party web sites. These linked sites (including the web sites of Affiliated Entities) are not under Komagal control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of any such linked site, or any link contained in any linked site. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your absolute permission. Your Information is one of our most important assets and it is processed in our server which is protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles.
6. Steps to do in case of unauthorized Access:
If you believe that someone has improperly accessed or used your personally identifiable information supplied to Komagal or has made purchases at Komagal that you did not authorize, please contact us immediately.
Here are some additional things that you can do to protect yourself from identity theft if you think that your Personal Information has been compromised:
- Review Your Account Statements – Carefully review your bank, credit card, and other account statements every month to ensure that all of your account activity is valid. Report any questionable charges promptly and in writing to the card or account issuer.
- Fraud Alert – Consider placing a fraud alert on your credit file. You can place a fraud alert by contacting our customer support team. You will receive confirmation letters in email.
7. Changes to this Policy:
We reserve the right to change this Policy, and any of our policies or procedures concerning the treatment of information collected through the Site, without prior notice. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect. We encourage you to bookmark this page and to periodically review it to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our Policy.
This Policy represents the sole, authorized statement of Komagal. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the Platform for Privacy Preferences) shall have no legal effect, do not bind Komagal, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.